Travel and Tourism
COURSE IN TRAVEL AND TOURISM.
With the travel industry growing internationally, the demand for skilled staff is an ever-increasing reality. Learners, able to apply multiple skills, will be faced with a wide range of employment opportunities in the Travel, Tourism and other related industries.
PURPOSE OF THE COURSE.
- In the context of the tourism sector, this course will enable the creation of innovative and exciting travel and tourism experiences. A successful learner will be involved in attracting thousand of tourists in his or her country.
- A learner who has achieved all the skills programmes in this course will be capable of combining a range of life-long learning skills and a knowledge of tourism issues, integrating these within a context to produce multi-skilled tourism practices.
- The skills acquired through this course in Tourism can be applied locally and internationally.
- In addition they will be positioned to further their learning, practice and career within the tourism sector – either at further levels or in other areas of practice. Expansion into other sectors of tourism is also possible.
EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES
Conduct, reflect on and improve a guided experience within a specific area that entertains and educates tourists by interpreting cultural and natural environments.
- Apply procedures to protect the social and cultural integrity of the host communities.
- Supply appropriate alternatives to problems and constraints, taking into account issues such as the constraints of the facilities, tourist expectations, and the requirements of the host community.
- Apply a range of presentation techniques appropriate to the audience, context and client profile.
- Monitor and improve their own performance based on critical reviews and evaluation of the event.
- Reflect on what they have learnt about themselves
COURSE DURATION :
All the Skills programmes in this course can be a achieved into two phases each phase takes 6 months (I year)
- Tourism Communication I
- Travel Services I
- Tourism destinations I
- Travel office procedures I
- Tourism Communication II
- Travel Services II
- Tourism destinations II
- Travel office procedures II
On successful passing the skills programmes the college issues a certificate.
Since the training is based on the N – Course syllabus, the learner can write the external N course exams administered by the Department of education, and on successful passing the learner will be awarded a National certificate N4 and N5. The learner can proceed to study towards a National Certificate N6. DAM College has an exam Centre for N-Courses its centre no. is 899990879
View in PDF Format ( Travel and Tourism )