COURSE IN LEGAL SECRETARY.
PURPOSE OF THE COURSE
- Any individuals who are or wish to be involved in Secretarial and Administrative duties will access all the skills programmes in this course.
- This course allows students to develop the skills required to enter the arena of Administration and Secretarial. The course provide general business skills and practical approaches to all aspects of secretarial and Administration.
- This course in Legal Secretary is designed to meet the needs of those learners who enter the field of Secretarial and Administration. The whole Secretarial and Administration field per se is a key business function necessary for the success of any organization, both strategically and operationally.
- The Legal Secretary course will provide a broad knowledge and skills needed in the industry and to progress along a career path for learners.
Many different roles and careers are linked to and affected by this course. They include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative Secretaries
- Administrative Managers
The course in Legal Secretary should produce knowledgeable, skilled Administrative Secretaries who are able to contribute to improved productivity and efficiency within the industry. It should provide the means for current individuals in the Secretarial and
Administrative field to receive recognition of prior learning and to upgrade their skills and knowledge base.
COURSE DURATION :
All the Skills programmes in this course can be a achieved into two phases each phase takes 6 months (I year)
- Introduction to computer practice
- Communication I
- Public Administration
- Office Practice I
- Information processing
- Office Practice II
- Communication II
- Legal Practice
On successful passing the skills programmes the college issues a certificate.
Since the training is based on the N – Course syllabus, the learner can write the external N course exams administered by the Department of education, and on successful passing the learner will be awarded a National certificate N4 and N5. The learner can proceed to study towards a National Certificate N6. DAM College has an exam Centre for N-Courses its centre no. is 899990879
View in PDF Format ( Legal Secretary )