Business Studies – Accounting
National Certificate In Business Studies- Accounting.
PURPOSE OF THE COURSE
The purpose of this qualification is to:
- Provide the learner with the knowledge, understanding, skills and experience to become a Bookkeeper/Accounting Clerk. This will aid individual development and enhance the employment prospects of the learner, as well as social transformation through the formal acknowledgement of competencies, skills and knowledge.
- Equip the learner with a Qualification that can be used as an introduction to the field of Accounting. Successful completion of this qualification will give the learner the knowledge and skills required not only to perform his/her Accounting job efficiently, but also to proceed on a path of life-long learning with Qualifications at a higher level.
- Provide employers and others with an adequate basis for assuring that those learners gaining the Qualification are competent to act as Bookkeepers/ Accounting Clerks, providing accounting support and recording the day-to-day financial transactions of the business for companies and other organisations.
- Encourage the widest possible access to the Accounting profession and Accounting Qualifications by making it possible for the following learners to obtain a bookkeeping/ Accounting qualification:
The qualification will provide the broad knowledge, skills and values needed in the Accounting field in all sectors and will facilitate access to, and mobility and progression within, education and training for learners who:
- have performed an Accounting and/or Bookkeeping function in their organisation for some time without a formal Qualification in Accounting.
- were previously disadvantaged and who were unable to continue their learning in the Further Education Band.
- have recently taken up a position as a support staff member in an Accounting section of a medium to large organisation.
There is a need for adequate control to be maintained over the financial affairs of companies, which sometimes fail due to inadequate record keeping of creditors and debtors with costs being allowed to exceed budget and income. This Qualification aims at equipping learners to perform the Accounting function in small organisations and to provide support to Financial Administrators, Accounting Technicians, Accountants and Financial Managers in medium and large organisations so that the Accounting and Financial Management functions can be performed effectively.
COURSE DURATION :
A student will qualify for a National N Certificate in Business Administration – Accounting on completion of a minimum of 4 subjects.
Certification Body :
All N Certificate and Diplomas are issued by the National Department of Education and are recognised by Commerce and Industry
Subjects in N3 (6 Months)
- Office Practice
- Computer Practice
- Applied Accounting
- Public Administration
Information on registration and fees please click on Registration
View in PDF Format ( Business Studies – Accounting )