N3 Mechanical Engineering
CERTIFICATE IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
PURPOSE OF THE COURSE
The purpose of this qualification is to provide learners, education and training providers and employers with the standards and the range of learning required to work effectively within various industries, making use of Mechanical Engineering knowledge and skills to meet the challenges of such an environment.
Qualifying learners will also be able to relate their learning to scientific and technological principles and concepts. They will also be able to maintain and support the various policies and procedures related to the safety, health, environment and quality systems that govern their workplace. This qualification will enable the learner to find employment as a skilled worker or become self employed as a worker in the mechanical Engineering field.
Qualifying learners at N3 level will be able to understand ;
- engineering drawing
- Processes which deals with engineering materials and processes
- Power generation which deals with internal combustion engines, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- power transmission which deals with mechanical drives, couplings, clutch and brakes systems, and bearings
- transfer which deals with pump and cooling systems; lubrication; cranes and lifting mechanisms.
- industrial orientation which is an introduction to basic industrial engineering controls, and about small business.
The status and relevance of this qualification will attract and retain quality learners and employees, and is the second step along a recognised and meaningful career path. Qualifying learners will be able to relate the tasks and processes to scientific and technological principles and concepts. They will also be able to maintain and support the various policies and procedures integral to safety, health and the environment. Learner achievements in this qualification will also serve as a basis for further learning to engage in more complex mechanical Engineering and maintenance and repair activities and processes.
This is the second of a three-level qualification series that reflect the workplace-based needs of the Mechanical field that is expressed by employers and employees, both now and for the future. This Mechanical Engineering qualification provides the intermediate competencies required to work on integrated Mechanical systems. This qualification provides the learner with accessibility to be employed within the Mechanical Engineering field and provides the flexibility to pursue different careers across various industry sectors and articulate within industries such as:
- Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Other related engineering industry sectors.
COURSE DURATION :
(N3 ) 3 months
A student will qualify for a National N Certificate in Mechanical Engineering on completion of a minimum of 4 subjects.
Certification Body :
All N Certificate and Diplomas are issued by the National Department of Education
and are recognized by Commerce and Industry.
Subjects in N3 (3 Months)
- Mathematics/ Supervision in industry
- Industrial Organisation and Planning/Engineering Science
- Engineering Drawing
Registration : R250.00
Deposit : R2000.00
(Includes Reading material)
Monthly : R690.00 x 2
Total : R3630.00