Welcome to DAM Technical College
The College was established in 1998 with a commitment to provide quality education and to contribute positively towards economic solutions in the country (South Africa) in the field of education. There are four campuses these are Braamfontein campus, Pretoria campus, Polokwane Campus and Mokopane Campus.
DAM specializes in the following
- Correspondence courses
- N – Courses
- Information Technology courses
- Policing Courses (Certificate Level to Diploma Level)
- Matric Rewrite and Amended NSC
- Amended National Senior Certificate (NSC)
REGISTRATION, ACCREDITATION AND AFFILIATION
DAM Technical College is committed to meeting requirements regarding registration and accreditation of Private Colleges in South Africa. DAM Technical College is among the first Private Colleges in South Africa to be registered by the Department of Education.
Registration Number 2008/FE07/018 and Certificate number 0126-P. and Department of Education Exam Centre Numbers for N – Courses : 899990879 Braam Campus and 899998801 Pretoria Campus
DAM Technical College is provisionally accredited by UMALUSI this is a council for Quality Assurance in General and Further Education and Training.
The college is also accredited with MICT SETA (Media, Information and Communication Technologies Sector Education and Training Authority) : Full Accreditation No. LPA/00/2009/07/876
DAM has 5 specialist schools to cater for every interest:
- Correspondence School
- Technical School
- Computer School
- Matric Rewrite and Amended NSC
- DAM School of Policing
The mission of DAM College is to provide educational opportunities that emphasize skills and knowledge that will allow the student to develope skills which have a role to play in economic growth and Job creation. We recognize that education is vital in developing skills needed for a productive society and essential in promoting the individual’s sense of worth, values, and high ethical standards. The College is committed to offering quality education that meets the needs of its students and assisting them in clarifying and pursuing their professional and educational goals.
In fulfilling the mission of DAM College, the College sets forth the following objectives which reflect the overall goals of the College.
- To provide a varied selection of academic curricula in business and specialized areas enriched with instruction in general education.
- To provide the students with a background of job skills which will enhance their employability?
- To provide the students with basic skills which contribute to success in their careers and in their private lives?
- To lead the student in the self-discovery process of clarifying and raising the individual’s goals and achievements commensurate with the student’s potential.
- To provide a framework and atmosphere of learning which will enhance the student’s capability to demonstrate ethical and moral values in professional, personal, and business situations.
- To strive for and maintain excellence in business, specialized, and general education by systematically reviewing classroom facilities, equipment, curricula, and staff.
- To make available to our students activities and experiences which foster personal growth and leadership qualities that will assist students in their social, vocational, and academic pursuits?
- To provide placement assistance for graduates and students through individual counseling.
- To maintain a process of communication with the community of employers to assure relevant curricula to meet the developing needs of the economic community